Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"McLuhan's Message"


I'm going to be upfront about this: I am not the sharpest user of Adobe Photoshop let alone CS3. As enthusiastic as I am to use it, my knowledge of the tools is quite limited. So when I had to make a small 3 panel image describing Marshall McLuhan's "The Medium is the Message", I was hesitant to make something. But enough about those issues. Let's describe my stunning work of art, shall we? (please note: I have done better things in photoshop...thought you'd like to know)

While I was unclear as to the specifics of McLuhan's meaning, I caught the general purpose. So being the cinema man that I am, I chose to elaborate on the effects and message of Fritz Lang's silent film "Metropolis". A historical piece of cinema, in and of itself. However, unbeknowst to some it held stronger connotations for Adolf Hitler and influenced much of his perception of the German people.

No comments: